problem updating XYZmaker

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

problem updating XYZmaker

Postby renedenbraber » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:39 pm

I justy bought a XYZnano and all went well untill I tried to install the software. The basic program (version 1.0.5) was easily installed but then when I clicked on the XYZmaker logo to start up the application it told me I needed to upgrade to a new version (1.4.3). I downloaded this and then nothing happens it won't install the update and I become stuck in which the program keeps telling me to update and after which I do nothing happens. I already tried to shut down my antivirus program and shut down my firewall settings in windows10 but that doesn't seem to do it. Can anyone out there help me in finding a solution?
renedenbraber
New Arrival

Re: problem updating XYZmaker

Postby Kantrius » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:30 am

Try to find another version on the official website and make the update manually :geek:
Kantrius
New Arrival

Postby lhkeeper@columbus.rr.com » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:58 pm

I have the same problem. When I open XYZ Maker Suite and click on any of the options it says a new version is available and asks if I want to download. If I click yes it downloads again and then returns to the maker menu. When I click a new option it starts the process over again saying that an update is available. If I click NO it just returns to the menu. I have uninstalled several times and installed as Admin and ran as Admin to no avail. Just stuck in a loop. How do we fix this thing?
lhkeeper@columbus.rr.com
New Arrival

Postby faliriann » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:48 am

Hello Everyone !

Same problem on my end, it keeps asking me to update to 1.4.3, but nothing installs after the download...

Is there a fix to that problem (that apparently appeared 2 months ago) ?
faliriann
New Arrival

Postby axion03 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:58 pm

I got my new nano today. I followed the instructions as discribed in the documentation.
In the document there is the info to download the XYZmaker SW at xyzptr.com/go2nano … but the link failed.
Then I tried to download the SW by the Offizial Website (de-DE). Before I registered my product and created a acount.But in the download area is nothing only an empty table with entry Firmware and Documentation... but NO LINK.

Noe I tried to download the SW to use the download link below in the official website. Now I can download 1.0.5
Then came the same message: I need to update

I updated to 1.4.3

But again comes the error message that printing with the XYZmaker version isn't possble I need to update... But there is no update.

@XYZprinting team:
Sorry guys... 3D printing doesn't make fun with this kind of terrible Software hell!!

Please support and clarify this issue!
axion03
New Arrival

Postby Gates70 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:02 am

I have the same problem as described above, exactly the same to a T. I download the Suite software and go to run it and get message that I need to update to version 1.4.3. When I update it, the update never completes and I get stuck in a revolving door that never allow the application to open. It looks like this problem has existed for at least two months. Help please!
Gates70
New Arrival

Postby Soggy Peso » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:57 pm

I've had the same problem for about 2 months. Since the update request window keeps showing up when I first turn on the printer I'm now refusing the update request and continue to set up the new print job like I did prior to this problem. Hopefully XYZ will get this fixed soon.
Soggy Peso
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Yes, the updated software completely destroyed my ability to do anything with the 3D printer. Neither the XYZmaker nor the XYZprinter applications would even launch. When I tried to uninstall the new software and reinstall the older version that one didn't work either. Very frustrating. I had to resort to re-installing an older disk image onto the machine to get the 3D printer application to work again.
Eric
New Arrival

Postby Gates70 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 am

Try this one. Someone at the Microsoft help desk pointed me to it. I just got it to work.
http://wiki.xyzprinting.com/labs_2_en_u ... are-setup/
I spoke to someone at XYZ Printing and they know about this problem. They wouldn't say why they have not commented on this string or why they haven't fixed it in 2+ months.
Gates70
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestion regarding installing the XYZware software application. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I finally gave up and installed the Linux version of the application to a VMware Workstation Player (the free non-commercial version) Ubuntu VM. That worked fine. Here is the link in case others need a Windows alternative.

XYZmaker_1.2Beta_1C7207_Linux available at

http://support.xyzprinting.com/us_en/He ... e=XYZmaker
Eric
New Arrival

Next

Return to da Vinci Series