problem updating XYZmaker

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Re: problem updating XYZmaker

Postby stefafo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:26 am

Hello, I also have a problem using the printer because of the software.

I can open the Makersuite (1.06) but when I click on XYZ Print it just says "New version is available" (ver. 1.3.1) and then I can click yes or no. Yes starts download but nothing happens after that, if I click no nothing happens. I just can't get the XYZ Print to start and becuase of that I can not use the printer at all right now :evil:

Tried latest installers on your software page, installer and full install. Tried running as administrator, removing the program like ten times and reinstalled it, cleaning registry etc.

Tried creating a ticket on the support/contact but it won't accept my serial eventhough it's registered :evil:

Anyone figured this out? :|
stefafo
New Arrival

Postby stefafo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:45 am

Update: I got answer from the support and they sent me another version of the program that is working.
It's the XYZprint without the Makersuite installed.
stefafo
New Arrival

Postby g00se » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Does anyone else have the problem when trying to go to the downloads page, after you log in it brings you back to the login prompt after about 5-7 seconds? Frustrating as F... I had to quickly zoom to the bottom, click the link to download and agree to download all before it brought me back.
g00se
New Arrival

Postby SmiledSuschi » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi everybody

Yesterday I got my Da vinci Mini m. I was very happy till the moment I tryed to connect the printer over XYZmaker.
In de first version I downloaded I could follow the steps in the manual to that point you need to connect the printer.
I could not find the connected printer so I decided to make an update. So I got the same problem as you that my software wants to update to version 1.3.1 but nothing happens.
I thought the problem is that my windows 10 computer only has USB 3 but I don't think it is like that.

I also tryed by installing the linux ubuntu via VMware but if I try to start the installation of the maker, it tells me " could not install on /home/user" or something like that. Today I will try with the virtual OS. Are there any experiences with the functionality of the OS?

Has anybody received an answer from XYZprint according to these problems?
SmiledSuschi
New Arrival

Postby renedenbraber » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:24 pm

Hello guys, sadly it has been over 3 months and there is still no solution to my original problem. There is a newer version of XYZmaker suite (1.0.6) which claims to have solved the updating problem but after downloading this version I still get stuck. Now I need to download an update which would make logging in easier but I get the same loop: it downloads and nothing happens. Why is it so f#$%@ing hard for XYZ to make a program that simply works??? Very frustrating all of this. I'm thinking of throwing away the printer since apparently there is no solution. I'm also very disappointed in the 'support' that XYZ extends.
renedenbraber
New Arrival

Postby mariajenkins » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:49 am

HI,
I have the same issue with the software.
Does anyone have a link to the XYZ Print (without the suite) which might work?
Thanks in advance!
Maria
mariajenkins
New Arrival

Postby Timothy J St Hilaire » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:39 am

Same - We are now forced to use software that DOES NOT WORK. It fails to install or launch XYZprint from XYZmaker Suite 1.0.6. XYZprint is NOT provided as a separate download. This is a problem!

UPDATE!
For those of you who have been bit by the separation of codelines for older printers (removal of printing from XYZware) - you can get the last working version (that I know of) for older printers (like da vinci jr 1.0) here:
https://xyzprod.blob.core.windows.net/x ... 1.32.3.exe

If you would like to use the NEW XYZprint application - have loaded the XYZmaker suite - and have been stuck in the upgrade/install/fail to launch loop, this may help.
(Windows 10)
We had attempted to install the software with an account that had a space/special character in the user name. This seems to create an issue with the installation process. Rather than mess with your user accounts, download the new version of XYZprint from the XYZmakerSuite application. After it finished, go to this location on your PC
Code: Select all
C:\Users\[your account]\AppData\Roaming\XYZmakerSuite\newVersion

You should find the newly downloaded XYZprint application there. You should be able to install it directly.
Timothy J St Hilaire
New Arrival

Previous

Return to da Vinci Series