Da Vinci 1.1 Plus

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Da Vinci 1.1 Plus

Postby ~Sally~ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:53 am

I am having an awful time with this printer right now!

It will not load the filament consistently, I have changed the nozzle to a new one because the last one got blocked with ABS. I have downloaded the new firmware, it then worked but I only had a small amount of that PLA left so I had to change it again.

I changed the small tube that goes into the Extruder because it was completely wrecked and bent out of shape, I unloaded all filament to do this, then it stopped working again. It just seems to keep getting stuck somewhere.

Any suggestions would be AMAZING right now? :roll:
~Sally~
New Arrival

Re: Da Vinci 1.1 Plus

Postby jason jason » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:52 pm

I'm assuming you got this solved by now. There are a few details missing from your post. I'm understanding you were changing back and forth between pla and abs. It is suggested you use a different nozzle for each. Pla will burn and clog your nozzle when heated to abs temps. Your printer will automatically heat to whatever temp is optimal for whatever cartridge is installed.
It sounds like you mean you can't get the filament through the gears and into the throat at the hotend?
Two things you can try is cut the filament at a sharp point and straiten the first little bit. This will help it to find the throat.
The other thing is to remove the hotend assembly. You will need a metal rod that will slide into the throat without scratching it. Slide it through the filament sensor and if it does not slide easily into the throat gently adjust the aluminum block by twisting it a tiny bit. It can get out of alignment sometimes.
The frame can be gently racked if it is out of alignment left to right. This can be accomplished by adding a little bit of force at opposing corners. Be careful.
Once the rod can slide easily through the filament sensor into the throat, there should be no problem sliding in the filament.
On last thing. There's a tiny metal cone just below the ptfe that can do the same thing. Again it can be aligned with a rod. Don't use the rod to adjust it with, only as a tool to feel if it is aligned.
Pro tip, unload pla filament, cut a short length of abs but do not change cartridge yet. Insert abs, and load. Load some more, finally unload. Maybe it clicked a bit. Clean gears, change cartridge to abs. It's more work than just changing cartridges but less than unclogging the nozzle.
jason jason
Apprentice

Re: Da Vinci 1.1 Plus

Postby ofiatnowna » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:24 pm

3D printing is the new department and term that is used in printing to get the advance feature of color and print as well. The forum of board index has the option of search with bestessays.com.au reviews to get the support and troubleshoot by conducting the elaboration of features.
ofiatnowna
New Arrival

Return to da Vinci Series