Davinci 2.0 Duo front door question.

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Davinci 2.0 Duo front door question.

Postby tregare » Mon May 11, 2020 2:04 am

What is the material the door on the Davinci 2.0 duo is made of? was given one and the latch tabs are damaged, if I know what meterial I can get same material in bar stock and repair them.
tregare
New Arrival

Re: Davinci 2.0 Duo front door question.

Postby mosesantony2013 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:09 am

You can often find free or cheap mannequins on Craigslist best place for loose diamonds or Freecycle. And you can also go dumpster diving behind a retail store or mall because retailer frequently throw away mannequins when a store is closing, remodeling or if the mannequin is broken.
mosesantony2013
Apprentice

Postby DH53 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:13 pm

I can't answer but since it is clear I would guess maybe 90% chance it is an acrylic (PMMA), 9.9% chance it is polycarbonate (PC) and a very small chance it is something more exotic.

The only way I know of to tell the difference is to heat it. A destructive test, but you could do it in a tiny area near the hinge where you wouldn't notice. Hit it for a fraction of a second with a soldering iron or a small piece of metal heated up with a match. If it turns black (chars) and smells awful it is polycarbonate. If it bubbles and doesn't turn black and doesn't smell awful it is PMMA.
DH53
New Arrival

Postby goalken » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:34 am

Unfortunately! I really like this girl's style but unfortunately there is no chance anymore, thank you for creating a better style. run 3
goalken
Apprentice

nobital

Postby nobita88 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:28 am

The forum content you share is really useful to me, I will regularly follow the next posts from you. Thank you for sharing. fireboy and watergirl
nobita88
Builder

Return to da Vinci Series