Junior 1.0 .3w file compatability problem?

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Junior 1.0 .3w file compatability problem?

Postby G4MJW » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:39 am

Hi All. I have a new Junior 1.0 arrive this morning and set up already. I printed the "Sample" from the supplied SD Card inserted into the machine. PERFECT!

I have a number of components for a piece of "Ham Radio" Gear to produce and the .stl files have be downloaded and and printed by many using a variety of 3D printers.

I have installed the XYZware on my PC Win7 and another Win10 and on my Apple iMac and all seems OK. I loaded the fisrst component I wish to make: VFO_Knob.stl, changed settings to the best print, sliced it then saved the file to a new SD Card : VFO_knob.3w

Placed SD Card into Junior 1.0 Printer, select "Build from Card", the filename appears and clicked OK to build from this file. After a few seconds, the displays " File Not Compatible wirh Da Vinci Jr."

I've tried over and over preparing the same and other .stl files, slicing and rthen saving but the same error message the the .3w file is not compatible.

The printer is working fine as I've just printed a second "Sample" from the supplied SD Card (How many Heart Brooches do I need LOL).

I just don't know what to do next. Can someone help me please?

Steve
G4MJW
New Arrival

Re: Junior 1.0 .3w file compatability problem?

Postby ducklife » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:37 pm

The Junior 1.0 .3w file compatibility issue you shared is quite nice and useful. I have learned a lot from your article.
girls games
ducklife
Apprentice

Return to da Vinci Series