Printer Refuses to Unload

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

Printer Refuses to Unload

Postby Towncity.inc » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:54 pm

Hello Fellow Printers.

I have had The XYZ printing Da Vinci jr 1.0 w for two months. However, while i seem to be getting awesome prints (even if they are just at medium quality) the printer refuses to unload the filament after print is complete and its time to put the filament away to a dry place. This Happened shortly after i tried XYZ printings PETG Filament with my 1.0 w. After the filament was run though my printer made load clacks and refused to unload the filament(it also had terrible strength and warped a lot and had even worse impact resistance, i am never using PETG again i will stay with PLA) , it would just make a horrendous noise then make grinding noises until you pressed "OK" to go back to the main screen, I don't know if this is my filament load (where the clacking is coming from) or a blockage in my extruder I am tearing out the filament when the printer get to its max temp when it is unloading to get it out, Please help.
Towncity.inc
New Arrival

Re: Printer Refuses to Unload

Postby Buxton » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:55 am

I find it help to run it through a load cycle to soften the end then run unload.
Buxton
New Arrival

Return to da Vinci Series