s turn their rink-board adverti

Post any question related to da Vinci series printers here.

s turn their rink-board adverti

Postby lw789 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:34 pm

TORONTO - Each year NHL arenas turn their rink-board advertisements lavender and messages run on television and on video screens promoting Hockey Fights Cancer, a campaign to raise awareness and donation money.Within the past month as the campaign has been going on, cancer has been front and centre all across the hockey world. Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Olli Maatta recently underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumour in his thyroid gland, Buffalo Sabres announcer Rick Jeanneret last week announced hes throat cancer-free and on Thursday night Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray revealed he has stage 4 colon cancer.During the Sabres Hockey Fights Cancer night Nov. 7, GM Tim Murray paid tribute to his uncle. In a taped video message, he said: Im Tim Murray, general manager of the Buffalo Sabres, and I fight for Bryan Murray.The hockey community has been pulling for Murray since this past summer when the Senators announced he had cancer and would be undergoing treatment immediately. In an interview on TSN with Michael Farber, Murray explained that there is no cure at this point for me and just hope chemotherapy gives him more time.Murray, 71, urged men to get colonoscopies, as having one could have detected his cancer earlier. Farber, himself a cancer survivor after beating it in 2011, said the response to the interview has been gratifying.The best message I received was from a guy who said, Yeah, I just called for my colonoscopy, Farber said. Another 51-year-old said, Yeah, Im arranging that this week. Maybe something really good comes out of it.Maattas tumour was discovered as part of a pre-season physical. He was able to continue playing until having surgery to remove it Nov. 4 and returned to practice with the Penguins on Thursday in Toronto.There was an 85 per cent chance the tumour was cancerous, and the 20-year-old said so matter-of-factly about finding that out: It was cancer. But you know what? That was expected. It doesnt change anything.Maattas poise throughout this process, including not being able to tell anyone about the tumour for some time, has come as no surprise to his teammates.Hes a strong guy mentally to go (through) what hes gone through and handle it the way he has, captain Sidney Crosby said. I think as a teammate youre always there to try to support him. But its nice to see when somebody handles it that way. Its incredible.Were there for him, but he seems to be doing a pretty good job of getting through a lot of different things and handling them well.After the operation, the Penguins said Maatta would return within four weeks. Coach Mike Johnston said Thursday the Finnish defenceman would be able to return within the next five or six days.Pittsburgh winger Pascal Dupuis said he couldnt imagine going through a similar situation when he was 20 years old.Hes a strong guy and definitely weve been trying to support him as a team, Dupuis said. Its more power to him. He handled that like a big man.Over the summer, Jeanneret was diagnosed with throat cancer and had to take a leave of absence from Sabres broadcasts. The 72-year-old St. Catharines, Ont., native has been doing Buffalo TV or radio since the franchises second season in 1971-72.Jeanneret performed a special ceremonial puck drop along with legendary Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly, whos now cancer-free, last week at First Niagara Center when the Sabres hosted the Edmonton Oilers on Hockey Fights Cancer night. It was then that he said he was cancer-free, and on Friday the team said hed return to the airwaves Saturday to call the first period of the Toronto Maple Leafs game at the Sabres.The time seems right to slowly begin transitioning back to work, Jeanneret said in a statement. My doctors have told me Im cancer free and Im feeling well enough to get back in the booth, even if its only on a limited basis for the time being.Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds used Hockey Fights Cancer month to tell his story, how his nana died of breast cancer in 1995 and how it affected him. The Toronto native wrote a first-person essay for Sports Illustrateds website about how he always wears a Blue Jays hat because that was a bond with her.Simmonds wrote that Hockey Fights Cancer has come a long way in his seven seasons in the NHL.I remember everyone would wear lavender ties. Then we organized hospital visits, we hosted families at games, we used lavender stick tape. Every year there are more activities to get involved in, and more ways for us players to show our support and help increase awareness, he wrote for SI. We see all sorts of people fighting cancer, including young kids. It makes me take a step back and realize that win or lose, compared to what theyre going through, Im just playing hockey.Im lucky to get to do what I love every day. Its a lot easier to go into the corner and take a cross-check than it is to be in the hospital fighting for your life.---Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Barclay Goodrow Jersey . As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his muscles. What do you think of DeMar DeRozans face after he hits a big shot, he was asked moments earlier. Joel Ward Jersey . - Bryan Price sat down in the cushy chair. http://www.sharksauthority.com/authenti ... ks-jersey/. Raonic, the mens No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., needed more than three hours to overcome Frenchman Gilles Simon 4-6, 6-3, 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 and become the first Canadian man into the fourth round at Roland Garros. San Jose Sharks Gear . Tottenham claimed top spot in Group K by winning 2-0 at Tromso after defender Adnan Causevic scored an own goal before Mousa Dembele put the result beyond doubt. Valencia made sure it will finish first in Group A with a 1-0 win at Swansea thanks to an early goal from Dani Parejo. Brandon Bollig Jersey TORONTO -- The only topic of conversation in a sullen Blue Jays locker-room was Todd Redmond. There wasnt much else worth talking about. It wasnt as though Redmond pitched a no-hitter -- he didnt even make it to the seventh inning -- but a gutsy performance by the 28-year-old gave Toronto some hope on Tuesday night. That hope slowly eroded the moment Redmond left the field, and in the 11th inning Shane Victorinos two-run single gave the Boston Red Sox a 4-2 win they had been threatening ever since the moment the Blue Jays turned to their bullpen. But no one wanted to talk about that. So the focus was on Redmond, who was called up from triple-A Buffalo to start the game. He said he was proud he was able to grind out an appearance against the American League East leaders, even if the Blue Jays have now lost three straight. "With a team like this youve got to be able to throw strikes and get strike one, and I was able to do that tonight," said Redmond. "I was pretty successful against a really good team." The right-hander allowed just three hits with five strikeouts through 5 1-3 spotless innings on the strength of an effective fastball-slider combination that baffled the Red Sox (72-49) but required a high pitch count. Redmond looked like a different pitcher than he did in his last appearance with the Blue Jays (54-65) when he gave up three runs on seven hits in just 3 2-3 innings against the Los Angeles Angels on Aug. 2. "I think I threw the ball well," he said. "J.P. (Arencibia) did a great job behind the plate tonight calling the game and our defence played very well tonight." Arencibia wasnt so sure. Torontos catcher hit a solo shot in the eighth inning to tie the game 2-2 and put himself second on the Blue Jays all-time homer list for a catcher with 60. He was also responsible for the RBI single that gave the team a 1-0 lead in the fifth. Arencibia called Redmond "fantastic," but when the topic shifted to the bullpens performance he preferred to take the blame. The Blue Jays needed seven relievers to finish the game, another long day for a team whose bullpen leads the majors in innings pitched. Aaron Loup (4-5), who allowed Victorinos winning single, took the loss. "Maybe I could have called a different pitch. Maybe I could have done something different back there to get those guys out," said Arencibia. "(I) think theyve done a great job. In this game no ones definitely unhittable. The best of the best give up runs. Like I said, maybe I could have called something different." Trailing 1-0, the Red Sox offence was stymied until the seventh inning when Will Middlebrooks doubled off Sergio Santos and then scored on a single by Jaccoby Ellsbury that tied the game.dddddddddddd Dustin Pedroia brought home Ellsbury two batters later to put the Red Sox ahead 2-1. Boston starter Ryan Dempster of Gibsons, B.C., finished after seven innings of work with just the one run allowed on four hits with four strikeouts. Koji Uehara (3-0) pitched 1 1-3 innings to finish the game and pick up the win. "I felt like I was able to make pitches when I was behind in the count, which is huge," said Dempster. "I had a real good split tonight, thats probably what kept them off balance more than anything." Dempster completed the fifth inning with 61 pitches to Redmonds 86 but still gave up the first run. Brett Lawrie of Langley, B.C., doubled off Dempster and took third on a sacrifice fly before scoring on a single by Arencibia that gave the Blue Jays the lead. Redmond lasted just eight more pitches into the sixth. He hit Victorino on his 92nd effort, then got Pedroia to fly out two pitches later. That ended Redmonds night, and he walked off the field to applause from the 32,816 fans at Rogers Centre. "Shoot, I thought he was great," said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. "He pitched tonight like hes been pitching all year. ... First thing, hes a great competitor. You know hes gotten an opportunity here and hes taken advantage of it." Brett Cecil took over for Toronto and promptly gave up a single to David Ortiz and walked Daniel Nava to load the bases. But he escaped danger by striking out Mike Napoli and getting Stephen Drew to fly out. The Blue Jays attempted to add another run in the bottom of the sixth when Jose Reyes appeared to frustrate Dempster at second base and elicited several throws from the Boston pitcher. Reyes gamesmanship meant little when Edwin Encarnacions drive to right was relayed home by Victorino, where Saltalamacchia easily tagged Reyes. Notes: The Blue Jays placed starting pitcher Josh Johnson on the 15-day disabled list with tightness in his right forearm. Toronto called up RHP Thad Weber from triple-A Buffalo to replace Johnson. RHP Esmil Rogers (3-7, 5.12 earned-run average) will start in place of Johnson on Wednesday against Boston left Jon Lester (10-7, 4.37 ERA). ... Blue Jays reliever Juan Perez has elected to skip Tommy John surgery in favour of eight weeks rehab. Perez suffered a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow Friday against Oakland. ... Toronto centre-fielder Colby Rasmus was given a second straight day off with an oblique strain suffered Sunday against Oakland. Gibbons said prior to the game he hopes Rasmus plays Wednesday but didnt rule out a trip to the disabled list. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
lw789
Builder

Return to da Vinci Series