Buyer Beware

General 3D printing related questions, post here!

Buyer Beware

Postby tyler_holland2004 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 am

Buyer Beware!! Do not purchase from this company because they will not honor warranties or stand behind their products. If your printer malfunctions, even while under warranty, they refuse to replace/refund the item and will only repair it if the customer pays for shipping to the repair facility. Then when it is repaired, it will not work for more than a month before you have to fight them again!!!!!!
tyler_holland2004
Apprentice

Re: Buyer Beware

Postby wrr377 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:23 pm

I simply returned my DaVinci Jr 1.0 to the Best Buy I bought it from... 2 days after I picked it up! :evil:

All I got were prints that were essentially welded to the bed - they broke when I tried to get them off the included bed tape... and they looked terrible to boot! If this is "Optimized print settings right out of the box", then the results from using those "optimized printing settings" speaks volumes!

I say wait until you can get a better printer from a more reputable company, like the Prusa i3 MkII I see people gushing about all over the place.
wrr377
New Arrival

Re: Buyer Beware

Postby Marcella Jean » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:59 am

I have 4 XYZ printers. The first was a KickStarter unit that was on Ebay but still sealed in the box. When I purchased it, I was set up in minutes after receiving it. The first print I made from one of my models was absolutely perfect. So, that being said, I ordered a Davinci Jr Pro 1.0 because of the open filament option. it too prints perfect, after 5000K hours the extruder was acting up. XYZ shipped me a new one within 48 hours.

I then went on to purchase the Pro 1.0 and received a free laser head with it, again not a problem everything works great. A few days later I bought a 3 in 1. This time for the scanner feature and again received a free laser head with it. All 4 machines are up and running still and are considered production machines for commercial production of our products.

As to the problem of parts sticking to the heated bed, that is an easy fix. Cut a sheet of coated brass to the size of the actual bed, recalibrate, set Z down and you're good to go. The brass actually helps distribute any hot spots that might be on the aluminum bed. Prints come right off with a removal tool. Time to do this was about 30 minutes and cost a whopping wallet breaker of 2.68.

Keep up the GREAT work Ladies and Gents!

Tyler, did you really find it necessary to cross post your little rant to all the different groups, especially since you have not contributed anything to the forums?

Jake Jr.
Marcella Jean
New Arrival

Return to General Questions