Returns/parts broken

General 3D printing related questions, post here!

Returns/parts broken

Postby johnhowell » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:29 am

Hello,

I tried printing from card and a couple problems happened: The test was just a giant mess of plastic that didn't look like anything, a giant glob of filament was at the end of the extruder and had to be cut off and while trying to cut off the glob i noticed the fan's struts were snapped. Should I return the whole unit, or can you ship me a new fan unit? My model is an Davinci jr. 1.0

Thanks,

John Howell
johnhowell
New Arrival

Re: Returns/parts broken

Postby sucre » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:00 am

Hey,
I think the first need to do is to clean up the filament glob.
You can try use "Load Filament", when the temperature goes up to 190 degree, then kindly take out the filament glob.
For the fan issue,
1)If the fan is snapped but can still run, just take out filament glob and test printing again.
2)If the fan is broken, then you can release the 4 screws and take out fan, it won't influence your loading filament process.

Then please contact with customer service, if the printer is still under warranty, and if it belongs production issue, they'll help you to figure it out.

Please note, to do the Z-offset before printing, the bigger gap will cause the filament jammed.
Check here, http://forum.xyzprinting.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=49
sucre
New Arrival

Re: Returns/parts broken

Postby soapandsoup » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:58 am

Make sure that you clean your extruder really well before switching between PLA and ABS. If you don't, it tends to get clogged really easy. I found out the hard way.
soapandsoup
New Arrival

Return to General Questions