Davinci 1.0a horrible noise lowering the z axis

General 3D printing related questions, post here!

Davinci 1.0a horrible noise lowering the z axis

Postby jason jason » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:38 pm

So I'm getting a horrible noise while lowering the z axis.
I found the screws in the plastic feet of the z rails loose and tightened them. Still a lot of noise, however not as much noise when raising it.
I'm going to try some high temp lithium grease, and post back.
Hopefully it's a simple lubrication issue. If anyone else has experienced this, let me know.
jason jason
Apprentice

Re: Davinci 1.0a horrible noise lowering the z axis

Postby jason jason » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Lubricated everything, no change in noise, so I decided to change the coupling with a metal flexible one. Can't remember the name of them but I'll edit it later. This made it louder! Oops. Ok so I found a solution. I wrapped it with electrical tape. No more noise!
I doubt the tape will remain effective, but this makes me think that one of those polyurethane flex connectors would work great! I did notice clearance was pretty tight at the bottom with this coupling, and I think the others are even thicker. I'll order one and see if it will work.
Thanks
Edit: the polyurethane ones will not work, however I am having a hard time finding 5x5mm flexible couplings wit a 16mm diameter. I have only one left and would like to order more. If anyone has a link, pls post it here.
Thanks.
jason jason
Apprentice

Return to General Questions