Pictures of green filament jam behind extruder

Post your awesome prints/projects here!

Pictures of green filament jam behind extruder

Postby DeaconBlue57 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:33 pm

I get the same message here too.
"The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB."

I have uploaded files on this page before.
DeaconBlue57
Apprentice

Re: Pictures of green filament jam behind extruder

Postby 3dtech » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Preventative measures to stop clogging and jams

The best way to fix clogs and jams is to fix them before they actually happen. Here are a few things to pay attention to in regards to that.

Switching Filaments

When you are switching filaments a lot, there’s a higher probability of jams. Not all filament is created equal and sometimes those diameters or other properties are slightly off. Also, different filament requires different settings. When you are changing filament and settings, there’s usually some residual material left during the change. If you can, have a few go to filaments that you know work and stick with that. However, experimenting is fun. If possible, try and keep filament types standardized with the 3D printers you are playing with (this assumes you have more than one 3D printer). Alternatively, read on to see how to fix the jams when they happen.

Quality Filament

Don't be surprised when that $20 filament doesn’t print too well. The cheaper filament tends to lack any sort of quality control. Do your research when purchasing filament!

Filament Storage

Ambient moisture get absorbed in PLA and a lot of other common thermoplastics that are 3D printed material. I would recommend storing your filament in a ziplock bag with a small thing of Cat litter or desiccant ( any moisture absorbers will work). I then keep it in a big tupperware container. It’s a little bit of overkill, but better safe than sorry.

Proper Temperature

Refer to the material page that has temperature best practices - These are available on most 3D printing filament manufacturers websites. You can have some variance here, but stay within the range for most use cases.
3d printing service in chennai kolkata
3dtech
Apprentice

Return to Prints & Projects