Information regarding custom prints

Post your awesome prints/projects here!

Information regarding custom prints

Postby KyleAdkins » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi guys,

I don't currently have my Davinci Pro 1.0 just yet (It's on it's way now!), but I was curious about what compatibility the software it uses has for file types? Could I create a 3d model in 3DS Max and print it using the software provided by XYZ? If not- what is the process like to upload a custom design (in as much detail as possible please!). Thanks all!
KyleAdkins
New Arrival

Re: Information regarding custom prints

Postby Clivey » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:02 am

XYZWare uses STL files, so you can just simply export your model from 3DMax to STL format and import it into XYZWare. Make sure there are no poly gaps in the model, almost needs to be shell like. If you have poly gaps, XYZWare fills closed holes really badly, so do it in max. 3DMax has the exporter built in, so no need to external plugins.

I use Max/Stetchup depending on what I am doing.. The only thing to be careful in designing is really about the supports required depending on which way up you are printing the object. For example, if you think about a bridge, if you print it on its side, it will print no problem. If you print the right way up, like it should be in real life, then under the bridge it will have issues with the filament distorting/dropping. It depends on the degrees of the overlap, some printers can do 45 degree slopes some cant.

Clivey
New Arrival

Re: Information regarding custom prints

Postby 3dtech » Mon May 15, 2017 4:38 am

If you have poly gaps, XYZWare fills closed holes really badly, so do it in max. 3DMax has the exporter built in, so no need to external plugins. 3d prining service mumbai pune

I use Max/Stetchup depending on what I am doing.. The only thing to be careful in designing is really about the supports required depending on which way up you are printing the object. For example, if you think about a bridge, if you print it on its side, it will print no problem. If you print the right way up, like it should be in real life, then under the bridge it will have issues with the filament distorting/dropping. It depends on the degrees of the overlap, some printers can do 45 degree slopes some cant.
3dtech
Apprentice

Return to Prints & Projects