PCB as print bed?

Any thoughts about 3D printing and XYZprinting? Post here!

PCB as print bed?

Postby theGleep » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 am

I've been looking for ways to reduce lifting/curling/warping with my prints, and came across the idea of using a printed circuit board to "lock in" the bottom layer.

It looks *really* promising to me - has anybody tried this? Anyone have suggestions to make it work better?
My experience is all DaVinci Jr. Pro. 1.0
theGleep
Apprentice

Re: PCB as print bed?

Postby jason jason » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:09 pm

What materials are you printing with on a davinci Jr pro? Pla is easy to control. Use a hair dryer if needed with their petg, and without a heated bed abs really isn't a good option without special formulations, which may contain unspecified additives. Throw any expected msds out the window. Lol
jason jason
Apprentice

Postby theGleep » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:15 am

I'm using the Jr. 1.0 pro ... and when I tried a hair dryer to help remove a super-stuck build, it warped the plastic bit under the bed (lucky enough, it went back to almost-original shape when it cooled).

I have mostly fixed the warping by finding a really good bed material and slowing the movement speed (I don't remember the exact setting, but I think the fastest is 50 and I've got it set to 20).
My experience is all DaVinci Jr. Pro. 1.0
theGleep
Apprentice

Postby Josekadams » Wed May 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Need to organize a conference or event? Let Konfeo do all the work for you. This is a breakthrough event registration system: with a few simple clicks you can quickly and easily create and publish registration forms, manage groups of attendees or tickets, enable online payments or send e-tickets. Every step of organizing an event or conference is covered. See for yourself how easy it is.
Event registration software
Josekadams
New Arrival

Return to General Discussion