Buyer Beware

Official News & Updates

Buyer Beware

Postby tyler_holland2004 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:01 am

Buyer Beware!! Do not purchase from this company because they will not honor warranties or stand behind their products. If your printer malfunctions, even while under warranty, they refuse to replace/refund the item and will only repair it if the customer pays for shipping to the repair facility. Then when it is repaired, it will not work for more than a month before you have to fight them again!!!!!!
tyler_holland2004
Apprentice

Re: Buyer Beware

Postby johnpursley » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:13 am

I don't have much experience with XYZprinting support other than about a month ago I called to ask to order a specific part for my Nobel 1.0 (which, BTW, has generally performed WAY ABOVE my expectations). Though I knew what I wanted the young lady who assisted me (via phone) seemed to throw up roadblocks to my ordering the part I wanted insisting that I go through some materials that she emailed to me regarding troubleshooting, etc. I am quite proficient at CNC and other similar devices so the Nobel is a snap for me to deal with. The part I want is obviously worn on visual inspection and performance has degraded to the point that the printer cannot reliably print all but the smallest/shortest part (I won't get into all the details). Other than reviewing the materials she sent, her suggestion (near insisting) that I send the printer back for repair seemed rather determined. It's out of warranty and very well and reliably (until the component wear-out) did the job I needed it to do. Now, the roadblock, at least on first try, seems to be just getting a part I want (and will happily pay for). I'm going to give it another try the next business day to see if I can coax the part out of XYZ that I need.

I am considering buying another Nobel printer...but if I can't get parts then I'll be silly not to look at a different printer. Counter to many reviews that I have seen, my Nobel has actually produced parts as good and MORE EASILY than a Form2 at my local Maker Space. It's kind of like buying a new motorcycle and having a flat...and the dealer refuses to sell you a new tire unless you let THEM install it.
johnpursley
New Arrival

Return to XYZprinting News